It's taken over a year, but I'm finally proudly able to present the new version of andrewembler.com. I hope that this functions as a great showcase of how Concrete5 can be used as a blog, and the custom development that I've done to make that happen. To that end, I'm presenting a series of articles on exactly how that's happened.
Concrete5 Implementation Guide: AndrewEmbler.com
In this series I'll explore how I'm blogging, including topics like
- My editor (a customized Markdown editor block I hope to include in the marketplace for free very soon.)
- My page type and composer setup
- Responsive and custom thumbnails for posts
- My usage of custom attributes
- Customizations for pretty URLs
- Statistics customizations
- My tag and topic setup
- Instagram and twitter integration
- Conversations setup
- How I've built the righthand sidebar
- Caching and performance work
- Much more...
Let me know if you have questions about any specific aspect of the site and I'd be happy to post about it.